HSBC Minor Account
- Free of charge account maintenance
- No requirement for account minimum deposit
Things you should know
- Itemized statements are provided on regular basis
- Minor account can be opened by Minors aged between 14 and 18, parent(s)/ guardian(s), as well as by Third parties1
- Regardless of the branch your minor account was opened in, it can be fully serviced at any of our branches
Annual interest rate calculated on the funds available on minor account is 0 %
Deposit compensation guaranteed limits
The monetary funds available on the bank accounts are guaranteed by the Deposit Guarantee Fund of Armenia in accordance with RA Law on Guaranteeing Compensation of Bank Deposits. Amounts of guaranteed deposits defined by the Law are as follows2:
- If you have only dram denominated bank deposit in the same bank, the maximum amount of the guaranteed deposit is AMD 10 million
- If you have only foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the same bank, the maximum amount of the guaranteed deposit is AMD 5 million
- If you have dram and foreign currency denominated bank deposits in the same bank, and the size of the dram denominated deposit exceeds AMD 5 million, only up to AMD 10 million of the dram denominated deposit is guaranteed
- If you have dram denominated bank deposit and foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the same bank, and the dram denominated bank deposit is less than AMD 5 million, subject to guarantee is the full amount of dram denominated bank deposit and the foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the amount which is equal to difference between AMD 5 million and the reimbursed dram denominated bank deposit.
Customer’s rights of disposing his/her bank account and the monetary funds available therein can be restricted on the decisions issued by the Judicial Acts Compulsory Enforcement Service or Tax authorities based on court verdict.
Тhe Customer can be informed about it after the Bank has executed the decision on attachment.
Levy of monetary funds without order of the Customer can be executed on the decisions issued by Judicial Acts Compulsory Enforcement Service and Tax authorities based on court verdict.
The Customer can be informed about it after the Bank has executed the decision on levy of monetary funds from the Customer’s account.
1For details on account opening/closing procedure please refer to Account Opening/ Closing procedure.
2For more details, please visit www.adgf.am , the official web site of the Deposit Guarantee Fund of Armenia.
HSBC customers can apply by clicking on the button below.
Get your salary, send and receive local and international transfers – everything with only one bank account.
Enjoy saving with HSBC with full access to your money anytime, anywhere when you need it.
Last updated on: 29/5/2019 08:38:33