HSBC Current Account
With the HSBC Current Account, you will get:
Things you should know
Tariffs and terms
Monthly maintenance fee will be applied irrespective of the fact whether the Customer uses the account or not.
Annual interest rate calculated on the funds available on current account is 0 %.
Average quarterly balance and minimal annual turnover (only applicable to sole entrepreneurs):
- If the aggregate average quarterly balance of all bank accounts held by a sole entrepreneur at the end of the first business day of any given month is below AMD 5,000,000 (or in case of foreign currency accounts equivalent foreign currency) for preceding three months, an additional maintenance fee in the amount of AMD 100,000 will be applied each month
- Minimal annual turnover, based on tax reports and/or other verifiable data for the last financial year should be AMD 200,000,000 or more
When the account acts as term deposit maturity or interest payment account the following charges will not be applied:
- Monthly maintenance fee
- An additional maintenance fee in case of the aggregate average quarterly balance of all bank accounts held by a sole entrepreneur at the end of the first business day of any given month is below AMD 5,000,000.
Free of charge international VISA PLUS ATM card is provided with your current account. You can choose to have two accounts attached to one ATM card, and up to two additional ATM cards attached to your current account.
ATM card is intended for performing cash transactions via ATMs. For non-cash transactions and payments HSBC Bank Armenia offers range of credit and payment cards which are available at https://www.hsbc.am/en-am/credit-cards/
YOU CAN GET YOUR MONTHLY ITEMISED STATEMENT DELIVERED TO YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS, SENT VIA EMAIL OR COLLECTED FROM THE BRANCH OF YOUR CHOICE. REGARDLESS OF THE BRANCH WHERE YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT IS OPENED, YOU CAN MAKE TRANSACTIONS IN ANY OF OUR BRANCHES.
Deposit compensation guaranteed limits
The monetary funds available on the bank accounts are guaranteed by the Deposit Guarantee Fund of Armenia in accordance with RA Law on Guaranteeing Compensation of Bank Deposits. Amounts of guaranteed deposits defined by the Law are as follows4:
- If you have only dram denominated bank deposit in the same bank, the maximum amount of the guaranteed deposit is AMD 10 million
- If you have only foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the same bank, the maximum amount of the guaranteed deposit is AMD 5 million
- If you have dram and foreign currency denominated bank deposits in the same bank, and the size of the dram denominated deposit exceeds AMD 5 million, only up to AMD 10 million of the dram denominated deposit is guaranteed
- If you have dram denominated bank deposit and foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the same bank, and the dram denominated bank deposit is less than AMD 5 million, subject to guarantee is the full amount of dram denominated bank deposit and the foreign currency denominated bank deposit in the amount which is equal to difference between AMD 5 million and the reimbursed dram denominated bank deposit.
Customer’s rights of disposing his/her bank account and the monetary funds available therein can be restricted on the decisions issued by the Judicial Acts Compulsory Enforcement Service or Tax authorities based on court verdict.
Тhe Customer can be informed about it after the Bank has executed the decision on attachment.
Levy of monetary funds without order of the Customer can be executed on the decisions issued by Judicial Acts Compulsory Enforcement Service and Tax authorities based on court verdict.
The Customer can be informed about it after the Bank has executed the decision on levy of monetary funds from the Customer’s account.
1Only with Visa Plus ATM cards on HSBC Armenia ATMs.
2No charge will apply, if the additional account is opened via internet banking.
3Any foreign exchange transactions will be conducted at the Bank's exchange rate.
4For more details, please visit www.adgf.am , the official web site of the Deposit Guarantee Fund of Armenia.
HSBC customers can apply by clicking on the button below.
Enjoy saving with HSBC with full access to your money anytime, anywhere when you need it.
If you are looking for a special account to save money for your child then our free of charge minor account is your right choice.
Last updated on: 30/5/2019 03:05:05