The scope of the subject procedure is the establishment of general rules and procedures for the handling of customer written complaints directed to 'HSBC Bank Armenia' CJSC (hereinafter the Bank).
Complaint - according to law on Financial system mediator a written complaint/claim presented by the customer to the Bank related to services provided by the Bank and contains financial claim, and the complaints presented to Credit bureau as well as according to law on Circulation of credit information and activities of Credit bureaus the complaints related to credit information or its requirements, can also be of non-financial nature. Moreover, the complaint at least must contain customer's name and surname, the contact details (e.g. residential address (current address), email address and telephone number), signature, as well as the description of the complaint.
The customers can present written complaints to the Bank via the following channels:
- Hand to Bank staff in any branch of the Bank
- 'Direct link to CEO' box
- Postal mail
- email@example.com e-mail
- 'Secure messaging' of Internet banking service
- Financial system mediator
If customer wishes to present written complaint, the Bank's respective employee must:
- inform customer in verbal that the complaint considers to be presented to the Bank in written in case it is presented via any of the above mentioned channels
- inform customer in verbal that the latter can get subject document - 'Customer written complaint handling procedure in 'HSBC Bank Armenia' CJSC'
- provide 'What to do if you have a complaint' form
- present and provide Complaint presentment form
Above mentioned documents are also available in branches as well as in Bank public website under 'Complaints and feedback' section.
In cases when the complaint is received on the e-mail address mentioned above, via Internet Banking service or through Financial System Mediator (FSM), the Bank must send an acknowledgment (receipt) to the customer's e-mail address from which the complaint has been received (in case of complaints received through FSM, the acknowledgement must be sent to email address mentioned in the complaint letter) or via Internet Banking service by mentioning complaint receipt date, the complaint identification number, subject document as well as 'What to do if you have a complaint' form. The acknowledgment must be send not later than the next business day after complaint receipt date.
In cases when the complaint is handed by the customer in any branch of the Bank, the Bank employee must fill in and provide to the customer the receipt available in the bottom of the Complaint Presentment form, which must include the complaint identification number, the name and the contacts of the Bank employee with who the customer can liaise regarding any enquiries about the complaint, the Bank’s employee signature who has received the complaint and/or Bank seal.
In cases when the telephone conversation with the customer regarding the complaint is recorded, the customer must be notified about that fact in advance.
The Bank must present written response to customer's written complaint within 10 business days from the date of the receipt. If the complaint is not resolved within 10 business days, an extension letter must be sent to the customer, which must include the reasons for the delay and the date of the final response.
While receiving or processing the complaint the Bank cannot request from the customer any document that:
- is not required for the justification of the complaint or any underlying circumstances or for the identification of the customer, or
- is available to the Bank as a result of providing services to the customer and the information stipulated there has not been changed as per customer's written note
The response to the customer must be sent to the address or via telecommunication mean mentioned by the customer. The response must be presented in Armenian, except for cases when another language has been agreed between the Bank and the customer.
The final response sent to the customer by the Bank must at least include the following information:
- the Bank's explicit position to satisfy, partially satisfy or decline the complaint
- the reasoning/ground for the appropriate decision
- the name and contact information (e-mail, telephone number, etc.) of the employee/department responsible for the handling of the complaint
- information, that in case of any questions regarding the outcome of the complaint, the customer can contact the responsible employee/department
- information, that if the customer is not satisfied with the written response, in order to protect his/her rights, the customer can apply to the court or to the Financial System Mediator (certain restrictions apply) or to the Central Bank of Armenia or to the Arbitration if respective arbitration agreement is available
- information on the deadlines for applying to the Financial System Mediator, if the customer is not satisfied with the written response
In case if the complaint is rejected or is partially satisfied, 'What to do if you have a complaint' form must be provided to the customer along with the written response. In case the Bank commits to satisfy customer’s complaint, but does not satisfy it, the customer may submit a claim to FSM.
Last updated on: 02.05.22, 06:49